School Age Programs Serving Children Ages 5 – 12
Educational enrichment and wellness activities are incorporated into the curriculum on a consistent basis, as well as multicultural activities, especially those reflective of the program population. Computers, Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) are also important program components.
These before and after school programs align with the Boston Public School calendar, private school early dismissals and private school professional day(s). During summer months and school vacations, this is a full-day program 07:30 am–5:45pm.
- Afterschool, Before School and Summer Program Serving children ages 5 – 12 years old.
- School Age is licensed by the Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) and has a capacity for 65 children during the school year and 75 children during the summer
- The Program bases its Full Day schedule on the Boston Public and local Private School calendars (i.e. vacations, early dismissals, professional days).
- The program has 20 income eligible and 4 supportive slots subsidized by EEC and additional voucher slots available through Child Care Choices of Boston
- These programs operate with 1 director, 1 coordinator, 5 group leaders, 1-2 1:1 Aides/Inclusion Assistants and 4-6 PT teens
The After School Program
- Program operates from 2:15 to 5:45 p.m. each day
- The program is operated from the 136 H Street location
- The program offers transportation and escort services from local schools to SBNH
- The program offers full-day service during school vacations and summer months
- The program provides 1 healthy snack and 1 meal daily, partially funded by DOE
- Private pay is available at $120 per week
- Summer only weeks are $185 per week
The Summer Program
The program operates between 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- The program provides off-site trips daily to participants
- The program provides educational activities (i.e. summer reading, writing) to bridge the gap between summer and school year
- The program offers weekly slots for youth who do not participate year-round
- The program provides breakfast, lunch & snack
- The cost is $37.00/day
- Boston Centers for Youth & Family (BCYF) – donate use of the Condon Community Center pool for weekly swimming and Tynan Community Center gym for weekly sports.
- South Boston FANS (Families Advocating for Neighborhood Strength) – collaborates with SBNH to sponsor parent educational workshops at both the South Boston Action Center and SBNH.
- Ultimate Self-Defense Studio – Owner Andrea Muccini conducts pro-bono self-defense training and strengthening classes weekly for SBNH girls.
- Boston Green Growers – providing gardening and nutritional instruction
- Junior Achievement – weekly groups for participants focused on financial literacy
- Bricks4Kids and the Museum of Science – offering Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) curriculum and activities
- New England Conservatory of Music – incorporating regular interactive music education
Each family is required to pay $120 per week for this program. Our Program accepts:
- private pay
- state subsidized vouchers
- income eligible subsidies through EEC
- Department of Children and Families (DCF) supportive subsidies
For more information contact Program Director, Kristen DeVoy at email@example.com or call (617)-268-1619 x 502