Senior Program Serving The Senior Residents Of South Boston
The focus of the South Boston Neighborhood House Senior Program is to reduce social isolation by offering our senior citizens activities and services designed to maintain their dignity, health, independence, and self-confidence.
The program’s focus is on enhancing their physical, intellectual and creative wellbeing through exercise, interaction, technology and art classes. The Neighborhood House provides seniors with information and referrals for support and assistance in areas of personal concern such as managing finances, obtaining legal assistance, advice on health and welfare plans, and opportunities to expand their social networks and activities.
- The program is delivered on-site at 136 H Street, South Boston.
- The program is staffed with one part-time Program Director and one part-time Program Assistant
- Health and Information programming includes: yoga, weight lifting, exercise, dance, bowling and health seminars (i.e. KINections – grandparents raising grandchildren support).
- Recreational programming includes: bingo, games and movies, shopping, special events, holiday parties and trips.
- Facilitates a monthly round-table of providers in South Boston for all senior resident coordinators and senior advocates (both public and private).
- Daily Kit Clark Lunch Program
- Monthly Taxi Coupons through the City of Boston Elderly Commission
- City of Boston Elderly Commission Senior Advocate is on-site once/month
There is an annual membership fee of $25.00. Scholarships and payment plans are available.
For more information contact Carole Sullivan, Director of Senior Center Programs at (617) 268-1619 ext 301 or email at email@example.com