Senior Program Serving The Senior Residents Of South Boston
The focus of the South Boston Neighborhood House Senior Programs is to reduce social isolation by offering older adults programming and services designed to maintain dignity, health, independence, self-confidence, social and emotional well-being with an emphasis on fun!!!!
SBNH- Senior Center largely focuses on the importance of social well-being.
In order to age well socialization is critical for older adults!!!
Our programming includes exercise, education, recreation, information, assistance and referrals, including an onsite SHINE (Serving the Health Insurance Needs of Everyone) councilor for insurance information and assistance.
Loneliness acts as a fertilizer for other diseases -Steven Cole PhD.
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic our programming has been limited please call ahead for details.
- The program is delivered on site at 136 H. St. 8:30-3:30 NOW 8:30 - 1:00 (Covid Hours) with limited programming.
Staffing incudes: one full time Senior Advocate/Program Director, a part-time Program Assistant and a part time Office Assistant.
- Maintaining food security is an immediate concern, if you know of anyone in need please reach out as soon as possible.
- “Ollie Calls” is a program designed to let older adults know they are not alone and that someone cares. Please let us know if some one you know could benefit from our “Ollie Calls” program
- Daily Grab & Go Lunch program provided by Ethos
- On site SHINE Counselor
- Facilitates monthly round table discussions for resident service providers, and senior advocates exchanging information and ideas.
For more information contact Carole Sullivan, Director of Senior Center Programs at (617) 268-1619 ext 301 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age Strong Commission
- Boston Senior Home Care
- Greater Boston Legal Services
- South Boston Community Health Ctr.
- South Boston Neighborhood Development Corp.
- South Boston Neighborhood AID Network (Volunteers)
- Ethos Meals on Wheels
- MBTA–The Ride
- Senior Shuttle (non-emergency medical appts.)
- SNAP/Food Stamps
- Boston 311 – non-emergency issues
- ABCD- Action for Boston Community Development (Free tax preparation for seniors)
- Farmers Market- (Seasonal) every Monday 12-6:00
- Better Business Bureau
- Suffolk County Sherriff’s Dept. (senior Identification program)
- Assisted Living in Massachusetts