Early Education & Care Preschool Serving Preschool Children 2.9 – 5 Yrs. Of Age
This full-time, year-round program provides a wide variety of developmentally appropriate activities that are reflective of the program’s population.
Our beautiful facility, quality educators, and rich curricula infused with the play young children need to thrive, ensure all children enter kindergarten ready to learn, with a foundation to be successful in school and beyond.
Our educators are trained to respect the individual differences in development, interests and personality, while nurturing the each child‘s self-esteem and confidence. The goal is to have each child on track for success in kindergarten both academically and socially.
- SBNH in partnership with Boston Public Schools (BPS) offers FREE 9:00 – 3:30 program (during scheduled school days based on the BPS calendar) for children ages 3 and 4 who meet all eligibility requirements with fee based options for before school (7:30am – 9:00am) and afterschool (3:30 pm – 5:30pm), Monday – Friday as well as school vacation days.
- SBNH offers a full-time Summer Program, fee based.
- We have limited slots available for children who do not meet BPS/UPK eligibility.
- The program operates year-round.
- Located at 1187 Columbia Road in a building owned by City of Boston and leased by SBNH
- The program is licensed by the Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) & accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- The current licensed capacity for the program is 45 children
- The program operates with one full-time director, 3 full-time lead teachers (one in each classroom), 5 full-time teachers and 2-4 part-time teen assistants (grant funded)
- The program provides 1 healthy snack and 2 meals daily, partially funded by DOE
100% success for the participants in the South Boston Neighborhood House Early Education and Care UPK/Preschool would mean that all children enrolled in our Preschool are prepared to enter kindergarten and will find success in this transition. The ultimate goals and defining long term participant outcomes of the SBNH Preschool are that every child is prepared for success in school and that all children in our care develop on track and develop positive self-concepts and identities.
SBNH is committed to providing a safe, supportive, and nurturing environment where every child can develop positive + trusting relationships that support emotional well-being, engage in stimulating and creative activities, learn, explore, experiment, and thrive!
SBNH encourages children to learn at their own pace and provides individualized curricula to help ensure that every child is prepared to succeed in school and in life. Children with special needs, advanced children and second language learners are given equal opportunities to succeed in our classrooms.
The UPK School Day (9:00am – 3:30pm) is FREE. Program cost during school closures/vacation days as well as before and after school hours (beyond the 6.5-hour day that is funded by UPK) are provided at an additional fee.
SBNH will determine your fee based on family income.
Our Program accepts:
- private pay
- state subsidized vouchers
- income eligible subsidies through EEC
- Department of Children and Families (DCF) supportive subsidies