We are currently looking to fill the following positions:
- click the link above for Preschool Director description and application
- click the link above for Senior Program Assistant description and application
- click the link above for Preschool Teacher description and application
Program Assistant (application below)
Program Assistants will be placed in the South Boston Neighborhood House (SBNH) Early Education and Care Programs working with preschool and school age children.
In addition, there will be limited office assistant positions available.
Program Assistant Responsibilities:
- Be scheduled to work up to 25 hours each week and participate in meetings, workshops and scheduled staff meetings.
- Be supervised by the Director of the program in which they are assigned (Director of Preschool, Director of School Age Programs, and Operations Assistant)
- Be expected to exhibit responsible and professional behavior, maintain acceptable attendance and punctuality, be asked to demonstrate a willingness to gain new skills and learn new approaches, and contribute to their community through volunteer projects.
- Be expected to participate in program events including regularly scheduled on-site staff meetings (when your schedule allows), monthly youth development workshops, and community service events.
Child Care Placements:
Placements in our Early Education and Care Programs are direct service placements working with Preschool and School Age children. Program assistants assigned in these programs will help teachers with groups of preschool age and elementary school age children. Both programs should be fun, interesting, and stimulating. Staff and Program Assistants help children discover and develop their own abilities, interests, and friendships as well as learn the pleasures and responsibilities of being a group member. Program Assistants are responsible for attendance at all staff meetings and training sessions.
Coordinator of Youth Programs will oversee the Youth Employment Program at SBNH and support all Youth Program Assistants.
Additionally, all Program Assistants will be supervised and supported by the Program Coordinators/Lead Teachers under supervision of the Director of each program.
Preschool Director: Cheryl Itri 617-269-4090 or Citri@sbnh.org
School Age Director: Eli Mercardo 617-268-1619 email@example.com
Operations Assistant: Joyce Sheehan 617-268-1619 x0 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Assistants are expected to work a maximum of 10 hours a week during the school year and 25 - 30 hours//week in the summer and will be paid the state’s minimum wage hourly rate.
There are training/workshop requirements of this program that are expected to be volunteer time and will be unpaid.
As a member of the South Boston Neighborhood House community, we expect you to uphold the utmost integrity.